2023 Performance Proposals
The Victoria Flamenco Festival, presented by the Flamenco de la Isla Society, is inviting all emerging flamenco artists to submit their proposals for the 2023 festival, taking place from July 22 – 30, 2023.
Emerging artists may volunteer to share a live in-person performance for possible inclusion during the outdoor free programming scheduled for July 22 and/or 23, 2023 in downtown Victoria.
Emerging Artist Acts (local or other) are volunteer performers and acts must be less than 30 minutes in length and reflect Flamenco experience and enthusiasm.
- Performance slots available: Daytime on July 22 and/or 23, 2023 at an outdoor venue in downtown Victoria.
- All performers must agree to follow all health and safety rules established by the Victoria Flamenco Festival, including those related to COVID-19.
- These are unpaid performances and artists are responsible for any travel, accommodation, and other expenses associated with the creation and presentation of the performance. Fees incurred for costumes, support musicians, rehearsal space, etc. are not covered by the Victoria Flamenco Festival.
- A signed contract will be required upon acceptance of a performance application.
After performer selections are made, any changes made to your planned performance must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you are aware of the changes. Changed proposals may result in rescheduling, re-categorizing, or elimination from the festival schedule. These changes may involve the inclusion, change or cancellation of a particular performer or performers in the act, or program changes. The Flamenco de la Isla Society reserves the right to change the performer schedule at any time and for any reason.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 15, 2023
Please fill out the proposal form (follow the instructions in the “Proposal Form” box at the top-right of this page) to apply for the festival.
All applicants will be contacted by June 1, 2023 with the outcome of the application. Selected participants will be announced by the end of June.
Not all artists in an act must be Emerging Artists. Professionals may be included, but will not be paid by the Victoria Flamenco Festival for these volunteer shows. All performers should strive for quality and excellence.
- If we require any further information you will be contacted.
- Acts will be selected based on the previous experience of the performers, collaborative impact, artistic merit, and enthusiasm.
- Please note if many applications are received we will have to consider time/programming and production constraints.
- Creative works that promote collaboration will be given priority.
Zoey Wells and Amity Skala are your performer liaisons. Please contact us for any changes, questions, and all communications at: email@example.com.
The Flamenco de la Isla Society thanks you for your interest in performing live at the 2023 Victoria Flamenco Festival. We appreciate all of the work that goes into your proposal, and we will do our best to present a strong and diverse program.
Thank you for supporting the Victoria Flamenco Festival. ¡Olé!
Before you can submit a proposal, you need to complete our simple registration form (you just need to provide your email address and a password.) Once registered, you’ll be taken right away to the proposal form.
If you’ve already registered, you first need to login before you can submit a proposal. Once logged-in, you’ll be taken directly to the proposal form.