2021 Performance Proposals
The Victoria Flamenco Festival, presented by the Flamenco de la Isla Society, is inviting all professional flamenco choreographers, musicians and dancers to submit their proposals for the 2021 festival, taking place from July 22 – 25, 2021.
The Festival is committed to presenting pieces that show the diversity of the art of flamenco locally, nationally, and internationally.
Proposals will be accepted for 20-30 minute video recorded performances/presentations that will be made available on-line for fixed screening times and/or up to one week on demand during July 22-29, 2021. The Victoria Flamenco Festival will hold all premiere and screening rights prior to and including the dates of the festival. Once the on-line video run has ended, all rights will return to the artists as per the contract.
Acts (local or other) must offer 20-30 minutes of video recorded content, and demonstrate a high standard and quality performance.
- Performance slots available: Pre-recorded videos will be made available on-line for fixed times and/or up to one week July 22-29, 2021.
- Videos are to be created by the applicants while following the latest COVID-19 Government standards for health and safety.
- Total compensation is $1,200 CAD per video program. This includes all performers and technical support including videography and/or video editing. Any travel, accommodation, and other expenses associated with the creation of the video and content are the responsibility of the artists and are not covered by the Victoria Flamenco Festival.
- A signed contract will be required upon acceptance of a performance application. Performers are required to own all video rights to their performance including audio and the use of any graphics or images.
After performer selections are made, any changes made to your planned performance must be submitted in writing to email@example.com as soon as you are aware of the changes. Changed proposals may result in rescheduling, re-categorizing, or elimination from the festival schedule. These changes may involve the inclusion, change or cancellation of a particular performer or performers in the act, or program changes. The Flamenco de la Isla Society reserves the right to change the performer schedule at any time and for any reason. Performance fees may be withheld or changed if the presented performance does not fulfill the contract.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 15, 2021
Please fill out the proposal form (follow the instructions in the “Proposal form” box at the top-right of this page) to apply for the festival.
You can send any hard copies/DVD’s by mail to:
Flamenco de la Isla Society
2568 Vancouver Street,
(Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to have your DVD returned.)
All applicants will be contacted in March or early April with the decision of the Board. Selected participants will be announced by the end of June.
- If we require any further information you will be contacted
- Acts will be selected based on the previous experience of the performers, collaborative impact and artistic merit.
- Please note if many applications are received we will have to consider time/programming and budget constraints.
- Creative works that promote collaboration will be given priority.
Zoey Wells and Amity Skala are your Performer Liaisons. Please contact us for any changes, questions, and all communications at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Board of Directors of the Flamenco de la Isla Society thank you for your interest in performing on-line at the ninth annual Victoria Flamenco Festival. We appreciate all of the work that goes into your proposal, and we will do our best to present a strong and diverse program.
Thank you for supporting the Victoria Flamenco Festival. ¡Olé!
Before you can submit a proposal, you need to complete our simple registration form (you just need to provide your email address and a password.) Once registered, you’ll be taken right away to the proposal form.
If you’ve already registered, you first need to login before you can submit a proposal. Once logged-in, you’ll be taken directly to the proposal form.